Thursday 16 January 2014

Digipack Experimenting


This was my first attempt at creating a digipack design. I wanted to use a record to go where the CD would be placed. I used the same design for the poster as I did for the front page of this Digipack. I have carried on using the text which was chosen after we did a type questionnaire to find out what typeface was preferred.
The image i the bottom left corner isn't my own picture, I plan to take my own photos to replace this image and others. Using pictures of our location in our digipack means it'll link to the video, and then we can even use one of these images in the poster too so that it all links together.




This record was not mine, so I created a record on Photoshop. I used lots of circles and circular lines and then joined the whole image together and put a reflective gradient on it which gave it that refection across the whole of the record.



Started by putting lots of circles together, getting smaller and smaller as they went into       
                                                                               the centre of the record. 


I tried putting a gradient on this record but the lines weren't thin enough, records have loads of grooves so I had to create one with a lot more lines, which are a lot thinner too!
The gradient looked cool on this record,  but I want it to be more noticeable which means a wider spread and a brighter silver gradient.

I started creating the lines a lot thinner so that I could fit more on the actual record and so that it looked more life like.

I added a stroke to the line to make it a little bit thicker or thinner in this case.

For the inside circle I used an inner drop shadow so that it also had a shadow and stood out.

Next was to choose the text.

I wanted to write the record name and the band name in a circle around the centre so I did this, using the text tool which allowed me to ark the text until it bent around the centre perfectly.


The finished record. The gradient I ended up using was the opposite gradient, still a reflected gradient just reversed so that it had the shaded part on the inside, allowing it to look more shadowed and shiny.

 

Digipak Progression

This is the next deisgn idea, it was designed after we had filmed, we were able to take photgraphs and use our own imagery for the deisgn of the digipak. This meant not only were be being original but we were also linking our digipak with the location of the song which would help our audience and fans make the link between both products. 
 
This was the design which I developed from the first idea to. There are a lot of the Instagram templates and it does look a bit crowded. If there werent as many Instagram tempates it would look more simple and wouldnt have as much stuff going on. Also all of the imagery used i very loction based, I want to inculde a band shot in th digipak so we all have our faces somewhere on the design.
Also, there isnt really a section of the design which has a plain background. This means it will be harder to show the track list and song lyrics, as it will be written onto the images which have a lot of colour in them, making it hard to find a text colour which will standout and be clearly readable.
 
 
 
This image is where the CD disk will go. I have designed it so that there is a circle in the middle which has been turned to give it an edge look. It also sticks to the theme of photography editing. Maybe I could play around wih the images on the other sections of the design to se if there is any way of presenting text over these images once they've been edited.
 
This image is quite dark, I might change it to something which matches the theme a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment