Monday 4 November 2013

Digipack Mock Up

This is a digipack template that I got form the internet that would help me crate a design on photoshop. This was a help as it gave me a guide of what goes where and so that I wouldnt get confused when designing the digipack on the software. We had decided to change our idea completely, as you can see form other posts on my blog I had already come up with a rough album cover, however due to the fact that we have decided to change our artists and our genre we now have to change the digipack ideas to fit in with our new genre, this is why we have done this mock up of a digipack and this post will give you more of an understanding of what we are wanting and how we are going to achieve this through our thoughts and ideas.



The basic layout of our digipack, except ours will have the disc in the bottom middle section.


The image below was taken form the internet however this is only to give me an idea for the album cover and the digipack design, this will not be used in the final design because we are going to go out and take the photos of the film location ourself. This will give us a more effective digipack due to the fact that the location that the picture will be of will be featured in the music video, will also feature in the digipack and this means it will all link together with each other giving no confusion. It will be more creative and will have more of an impact on the audience and the fans due to the fact that the fans will be able to link it together and will have more of an understanding of the album itself.



Once again this is an image that will only be used to give us more of an understand of the digipack layout, It has been mocked up on photoshop as you can see for the screenshots below. We are keeping links between the coast and the sea due to the fact the band is called Coasts and this is a completely different idea to what we had at the start of the year, I feel the change in idea will benifit our digipack idea due to the fact the genre appeals more to me and to my group as well as our fans and we have a wider option of what we can do with the digipack and the music video due to the fact the other genre we chose had limitations which was a disadvantage to our group and our ideas.



The image below is a screenshot from photoshop. This is our digipack idea coming together however like i have said before its only a mock-up we will be wanting our own orginal photos and images to create the front cover of our album, the images inside and our poster.

Because our genre is folk/indie I have decided to keep the colours old school and vintage looking. I have been looking at other folk/indie artist and it appears to be a continuos pattern in the colour pallet chosen for their digipack's. As you can see from the images on the digipack I have given them a filter through photoshop, this is to create that oldschool effect, this makes the digipack link to the genre and the artists themselves due to the links between costumes and props as well as the links through the actual images used; of the ocean.





The image below is one that i have used in the digipack idea, this will not be the image that we will use for the final idea due to the fact we are wanting to create and include the location (such as the beach in the backgroung of the band) this will add effect and will give the digipack more of a link to the album anf the band themselves beacuse they are called 'Coasts', I feel it is important to have as many links to the bands through the digi pack as possible because it needs to have meaning and a clear link between them other wise its pointless creating a digipack which has some random images and doesn't link to the band or the music video.




Another screen shot from photoshop to show how I created the digipack mock up, below.




From the image below you can see that I started to add text to the digipack, however I had researched into different forms of typoghraphy due to the fact I was wanting the type to link to the style of genre. The genre of The Coasts has a unique and different 'indie' look to it, thats why I wanted to use a text form that was different and classy at the same time. I was thinking I could carry out more research into posters and other object and designs that you would see by the seaside, such as billboards. This would help me and give me more of an understanding of the typography I could use that would have links to the genre and the band. I was going to use a curly text to portray the waves of the ocean but didn't think it looked as good and wouldn't have been as clear and understandable as the straight classy font style.



I feel if we are able to take and images of the quality of the images on the digipack mock up then it will work really well and it would give me more confidents through the ideas and the filming. I have my eyes set on a digipack in this style as there are lots of images which are used in the design which link to the beach video and some of the locations are in the video itself . The image below are just to show where we are at with our digipack ideas and you can see that we have a clear idea of what we are wanting and how we are going to achieve our ideas.












No comments:

Post a Comment