Monday 24 March 2014

Final Magazine Outcome

Final Magazine Outcome


This is our final Magazine Poster. It uses the Instagram Template, and includes everything which could be seen on a magazine advert to advertise a band. 

We Included the band's name, the album name and the date of release. We also added how the album will be available to purchase. As well as this I added some quotes from famous Music Magazines such as NME and KERRANG. These quotes will show the magazine reader that our band is well known and people from these companies like our music.

I was going to Include our Instagram account names with a little Instagram Icon but I thought that if anyone wanted to find us on Instagram then they could enter the name 'TheCoasts' as this is on our poster and showing our Account name. If you were to watch our music video you would see our Instagram names and would be able to follow us on there anyway, so I thought to save space and make the advert not look as crowded I would leave Euan and I's Account names off it.



I started to re-design our poster. This was my first idea, to use the Instagram template and put the same picture inside the template as our Digipak front cover. I soon changed my mind as this image was too dark and would need to be in the bottom left corner to show what the album looks like anyway.


I then started designing with a different inside image. I tried using the picture which is on our front cover image of our Digipak but instead of merging the photo with a band one too, I left the Photo on its own and brought the saturation and brightness up so that it looked more summery and complimented the stones and water.


This picture looked much brighter and went better with the whole advert. It would be more eye catching if you were turning over the page of a magazine.


I added in our Music label logo which I created at the start of the course. Our label is called RecordRecords. A play on words, and a cool little logo to go with it. That is on the far left of the mini icons along the bottom. I then added in the iTunes logo, Soundcloud and Spotify so customers know where to find and buy our music online.


I didn't really like the text in the middle in one big line, it looked much better separated into two lines, it broke up the advert a bit more, was easier to read and also didn't look as lost for space.


I then changed the positioning of the picture, there wasn't enough colour being let into the picture when it was just the waves and stones. So I raised the picture to the right a bit which left me with a picture that incorporated more colours and actually got some of the background rocks in too.


I lifted the image up even more so that I could now see more of the rocks. This looked better but used too many dark colours. I lifted the image even more which allowed me to get the horizon in too. It is crazy how many different outcomes you can achieve from one picture. This picture positioning was much better and had the correct amount of dark and light colours in, while using the green as a way to bounce off the text colour. This colour was too bland though, I needed a blue colour which would match the water and contrast nicely with the green moss on the rocks.

I then changed the positioning of the picture for the last time, and then decided if I changed the colour of the text to the same colour as the Instagram template, a royal blue; then this would compliment the blue nicely and would all match up and create a ocean coloured theme within the advert. I also tried the magazine quotes a little lower to see if they looked better there but they weren't visible enough through the dark coloured blues and bronze coloured rocks at the bottom of the image.




I also changed the colour of the text below the main Band Name and Album name. This colour was the same as the Instagram blue but I made it a little bit lighter so it wasn't as prominent as the top text, as this was more important.

I then put the Icons in the bottom right corner so that I could put the album cover in the bottom left, it looked better like this.

And that was the final steps of creating the magazine advert.



No comments:

Post a Comment