Thursday 17 October 2013

Coasts' Record Label

I decided to create a music label for Coasts as they aren't signed by anyone.

I wanted to include something that represented the shape of a record as we are including records throughout the whole of our project, but I didn't want it to be a plain record.


 I started off by drawing 9 circles and colouring them in a sequenced pattern which I thought went well.


 I thought the basic line that made up the circle was too boring so I went onto the brushes and changed it to a more chalky look. 

 My chosen brush effect.
The circle then immediately looked more querky and not as plain as it looked before.


I took it onto photoshop and selected the bit in green, copy merged it and created a new document which I then pasted the image onto and it looked like this below...
I tried this text but I thought it drew your eye towards the text rather than the actual logo and may have been hard to read when its on the packaging or advert, so I changed the type to a more simple font.


It looked too bland in black and white.

my final logo.

I then added a TradeMark sign at the top right of the logo. The text is still visible and understandable and it doesn't draw your attention away from the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment